unfeigned

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

"..and like..."
i went to startbucks today, as i frequently do, and whilst standing in line i couldn't help but overhear the conversation being carried out behind me [the girl was practically yelling in my ear..]. i noticed rather quickly that she was uh...white. well, it was either that or someone attempting to fit into a clique that was predominantly white. anyway, she spoke with rapid speed and often paused for a split second with "like" somewhere in her sentences. this took me back to junior year of hs. loca, you know what i mean. i couldn't help but tally the number of times she said it in a minute....i fought my laughter back with great difficulty. i have no clue what it was she was talking about, i was only keeping an ear open for the "like"s and hooooly shit, it's a record. i don't think i have ever heard anyone say that word more than this young lady did. she said "like" a whopping 21 times within a minute and 10 seconds. 21 freakin' times! my GOSH! i was dying to laugh or to turn around and say, "how the hell do you do that?!" but yeah...i figured that would have been rude. anyway...back to my english homework i go..