unfeigned

Monday, October 25, 2004

broken windows and empty hallways,
a pale dead moon in a sky streaked with grey.
human kindness is overflowing,
and i think it's gonna rain today.

scarecrows dressed in the latest styles,
the frozen smiles to chase love away.
human kindness is overflowing,
and i think it's gonna rain today.

lonely, lonely.
tin can at my feet,
i think i'll kick it down the street.
that's the way to treat a friend.

bright before me the signs implore me:
help the needy and show them the way.
human kindness is overflowing,
and i think it's gonna rain today.

lonely, so lonely.
tin can at my feet,
i think i'll kick it down the street.
that's the way to treat a friend.

bright before me the signs implore me:
help the needy and show them the way.
human kindness is overflowing,
and i think it's gonna rain today.

- "I Think It's Going to Rain Today," Bette Midler


always liked this song, but it makes a lot more sense [in a way] now that i've watched the movie it was supposedly featured in: "beaches." that is a really good movie, by the way. i'd heard about it when i was about 10, but was turned off by it when my family watched it, so i didn't. whaddya know, now i like it. funny thing, ain't it? anyway, i recommend that flick to anyone feeling glum and out of it - makes you think twice about what you have and the people around you. not that i've ever been regretful or resentful of anybody, of course i haven't. ha. aight well, i'm out...got a long boring monday ahead of me. good morning.